Saturday, September 15, 2012

Granada: Semana Uno

This week has been a rather slow week. Every morning for 5 hours we have had orientation sessions. Basically the class was a review of Spanish vocabulary. We walked around Granada learning the names for things and how to get around town. After our morning class time we come home from about 1-5 for lunch and siesta, my favorite part of the day! Each night we had tours of different parts of the neighborhoods. 

Yesterday we got our language level assignments and our class schedule. I got placed in advanced level III out of IV, so I was pretty happy with that! This semester I will be taking my Spanish language class along with 4 others: Islamic Art and Architecture of Spain and its Impact, Imagining Andalusian Literature, Federico García Lorca and Traditional Andalusian Literature, and Islamic Civilization in Spain and North Africa until 1492. Hopefully these classes will keep me busy :) They should be fun. With the Art class, we get to take trips to the Alhambra in restricted areas and study the design concepts and art there. I will have lots of pictures! 

Usually during the nights a group of us go out around 9 or 10 and hit up different cafés for food. The tapas here are so good! I have tried so many different foods. Some of my favorites are un bocadillo de lomo and queso, a sandwich of cheese the back meat of a pig usually. I also had creama de clabaza y tortelini, basically pumpkin mac n cheese! This was so good and much healthier. You have your regular macaroni noodles and then you cream a pumpkin and use that as your sauce, so good! And last night I had pork and pineapple skewers. I keep forgetting to bring my camera with me but I need to start taking pictures of the food so everyone can see how good it is!

That is basically what has happened this week. Hopefully some fun things will happen this weekend so I can update everyone. But until then,
¡Hasta Luego!
Nathan 

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying your blogs but, it was so nice to see you yesterday! Love You!!

    ReplyDelete